We built Trades Center with customers and trades workers in mind. We hope this site can be a valuable tool for you to use in building your business and your reputation online. A well built profile accompanied by customer reviews are a great way to show homeowners that your business is legit and does good work! Here are some guidelines to help you get started:
1) Create your profile with accurate information and try to update it regularly. Using high quality pictures and logos and having a well written description will help build trust with your audience.
2) If a homeowner messages you, try to respond in a timely manner whether you are able to take the project or not.
3) Ask your clients for reviews after the project is completed and they are satisfied. Just like with google, people tend to trust companies that have more reviews!
4) Do not offer discounts or incentives to clients in exchange for leaving a positive review. These incentives alter the customer’s ability to make honest, unbiased reviews. Any reviews made under these conditions will be removed from your site and you may have your profile removed from our site. Let’s keep it legit.
5) Do not ask coworkers, employees, friends, or family to write reviews for you. Reviews can only be written by customers that completed a financial transaction in exchange for your work on renovations, improvements, repairs, purchases, or construction on the customer’s home or property.
6) Do not pose as a customer to post negative reviews about your competitors or other companies. Skewing the rating system like this negates the entire purpose of this site and will not be permitted. If you are caught using the site nefariously in this manner, your profile will be terminated.
7) Don’t worry about negative reviews. We are trades workers ourselves, and know that sometimes these things happen. The best thing you can do is respond to the review in a calm, professional manner and explain your side of the story. Please avoid the use of accusatory and vulgar language. Your review must abide by Canadian Defamation laws. Any responses to reviews containing profanity, threats, defamatory language, prejudice, hate speech, personal content, or other objectionable content will not be permitted.
Keeping your profile update with new reviews and current contact information and details about your services, licenses, payment methods etc. will help keep your profile active and visible to new potential clients. If you have any concerns or problems with your profile, or think there are unverified users or competitors leaving reviews on your profile, please do not hesitate to contact us.